Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Top Ten Coolest Tools for Schools

After much deliberation, I have selected my top ten tools from my SEDU183's classroom's blogs.

10. Pinterest. While I enjoy using Pinterest to waste my time, I think it is very limited in the classroom.  However, it can be beneficial for elementary school teachers to use in order to find crafts for their students.
9. HyperPhysics.  I've never taken a physics class, but from what I hear, it can be difficult.  This is a good resource for students who may have trouble with that subject.
8. Animoto.  I think this tool has more of a purpose outside of the classroom, but I can see how it has some redeeming qualities.  It can be used by students to make projects more flashy.
7. Wicked.  I'm not a science teacher, so this website doesn't have any personal use, but I can see how it would be beneficial for science teachers.  It allows students to have a hands-on portion to their learning.
6. LeeSummit.  Once again, I don't think I would be able to use this resource, but it seems like a great tool for elementary educators.
5. WikiSpaces.  This is useful to teachers of all levels, and allows parents to become involved in the classroom as well.
4. Virtual Book.  This is a great way to incorporate technology into the classroom, but also encourage students to read.
3. High School English. This is a tool I can use!!  This is an extremely beneficial resources for students as well as English educators. 
2. Student Publishing.  This is so cool!  It's a website that allows students to publish their own books!  This is a great motivator for students, and can be used in a variety of ways!
1. Super Teacher Tools.  This website has it all!  It has everything from review game generators to seating chart layouts!  This tool gets my number one spot because it can be beneficial to all educators at all levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment