Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello!

Well, this is my first blog post ever! I should start out with an introduction.
My name is Rebecca Leonard and I am a second semester freshman at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. I am striving to earn a degree in Secondary Education- English with a minor in German.
Why education? The answer is simple: I've wanted to be a teacher since sixth grade. My sixth grade English teacher was phenomenal. I became so intrigued with the workings of the English language that I made it my goal to become a teacher and share my love with others. I am pursuing a minor in German simply because I LOVE the language. I think it is beautiful and complex, and my four years of experience in high school made me crave it more. This minor will give me the option to become a German teacher as well, where I will be able to instill in my students a love for not only one other culture, but hopefully all cultures in general.
During my time using this blog, I wish to share my educational hopes and dreams along with the progress I have made in accomplishing those.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment